Laura Salas is a senior Communication Studies and Public Relations double major and Women’s Studies and Business double minor from Chicago, Illinois. Laura is the Graphics/Layout Editor for The Courier.
1. What do you do in your position with The Courier?
I help put the pages together. I add the stories, photos, and any other graphics. But, everyone usually helps me with these things.
2. What’s your favorite part about working for the school paper?
I think my favorite part is when students get excited because they were featured in one of the sections.
3. What else are you involved in on campus?
I am also involved in Alpha Xi Delta, and I am a Speech Assistant.
4. Why did you choose to come to Monmouth?
I chose Monmouth because it was affordable and only 3.5 hours away from home.
5. What are your current plans after graduation?
I will be going to grad school after graduation. Not sure what school yet.
6. What is one thing you wish you could tell every professor on campus?
To take a break! It has been a funky semester and they need to recharge their batteries by treating themselves.
7. What is one thing you wish you had more time for?
I wish I had more time to craft. It’s very relaxing.
8. What’s your dream job?
Any job that would help first-generation students succeed in life.
9. What’s the furthest place you’ve ever traveled?
Los Angeles, California. Just like Joe 🙂